- Unauthorized immigrants have been in the U.S. a median of 13.6 years.
- Just over half are from Mexico (5.8 million).
- The number of unauthorized immigrants from Mexico has fallen since peaking at 6.9 million in 2007, while the number from other countries has grown.
- Unauthorized immigrants account for 26% of the nation's 43.6 million foreign-born.
- Most unauthorized immigrants live in six states: California, Texas, Florida, New York, New Jersey, and Illinois.
Source: Pew Research Center, Overall Number of U.S. Unauthorized Immigrants Holds Steady Since 2009