Friday, December 09, 2016

How Many Americans Are Foodies?

A Pew Research Center survey of the public's attitudes toward food may have revealed how many Americans are foodies. According to Wikipedia, "a foodie is a person who seeks new food experiences as a hobby rather than simply eating out of convenience or hunger."

Pew revealed the size of the foodie population by asking respondents how well a series of four statements described their eating habits. The statements are...
  • I focus on the taste sensations of every meal.
  • My main focus is on eating healthy and nutritious.
  • I usually eat whatever is easy and most convenient.
  • I eat when necessary but don't care very much about what I eat. 
Twenty-three percent of Americans say the statement "I focus on the taste sensations of every meal" describes them "very well." Those are the foodies.

No comments: